Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
An old friend gave me this recipe for wonderful stuffed peppers. I have made this countless times over the years and have always been pleased with the results. Would be great for Cinco de Mayo
- 6 -8 banana peppers
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Take 6-8 large banana peppers, slice down the middle and remove cap and seeds. Place peppers in 13x9x2 pan.
- Stuff pepper halves with refried beans.
- Cut block of cheese into thick slices and insert one slice into each pepper in middle of the beans.
- Pour one 16 oz. jar of salsa over everything.
- Cook for approximately 30-45 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve and enjoy! How easy does this get!
Made some of these this weekend and they were a hit! Very easy to make and my husband took some of the leftovers and wrapped them up in flour tortillas! I used pepper jack cheese instead of the monterey jack.