Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Quick dish. Easy ingredients. Taste good as well. A must try recipe!
- 5 potatoes
- 175 g chopped chicken breasts or 175 g chopped beef
- 2 large onions (diced)
- 5 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 1 teaspoon of chopped coriander leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon light soy sauce (optional)
- 120 g grated cheddar cheese
- Put potato into a pan of salted water,bring to boil and simmer until just tender (about 15 or 20 minutes).
- Cut potato into half, scoop out the centre leaving a thin wall of flesh.
- Mash scooped out potato and leave aside.
- Heat oil in pan using moderate heat, add onion n stir, add meat, ketchup, coriander, black pepper n soy sauce.
- Season to taste and leave aside.
- In a bowl mix mashed potato and meat together.
- Fill the potato shell with mixture, mounding it.
- Sprinkle top with sufficient cheese, bake at 200celcius for 10-15 minutes.
- Note: The potato skin will be eaten, so wash them well.
i have tried it. and it is awesome! i read the reviews featured, so i modify it. i used 2 large potatoes that i cut into 2. i poked the cut side with fork and boil it cut side down on a medium low heat for 30mins. it fluff up really well. For the chicken, i add garlic onion red n green pepper and a dash of rosemary instead. add salt n black pepper while mixing. do try adding other herbs. mine was excellent. me n hubby finished it all up!!! =)
I tried it...and I did run into some problems. I used large baking potatoes, and after 30 mins. of boiling I still found the potatoes hard in the center. After all that cooking the skin was so soft which made it hard to scoop out the potato and leave a shell intact. A stuffed baked potato was out of the question now. I did continue on with the recipe but used individual casseroles to take the place of the potato shells. I would not try to make the recipe again as written....maybe baking the potatoes instead of boiling them would make the shells more durable. I just might give that a try or just continue to make them in individual casserole dishes....which in the later case would just peel and boil the potatoes right from the start. The filling was not bad....tasty....but I think I am going to add some additional flavors, starting with some fresh garlic with the those onions.
This was EXCELLENT! My husband loves potatoes and I make a really good Twice Baked Potatoe but I think this was better. I did add a few things. I am always adding something to recipes I try. Guess its cause I love to cook and try new things. I used McCormicks Garlic Pepper spice on top of the cheese. When I was mashing the potatoes, I used about a tbs.of butter and enough heavy whipping cream to get the texture I wanted than I added the meat mixture. Thanks for sharing this recipe!