Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 12 slices bacon
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 3⁄4 cup soft breadcrumbs (1 slice)
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons snipped parsley
- 1 lb ground beef
- Partially cook bacon.
- Drain; reserve 2 tablespoons drippings.
- Set bacon aside.
- Cook onion and garlic in reserve drippings till tender but not brown.
- In bowl combine egg and tomato sauce; stir in bread crumbs, mushrooms, onion mixture, parsley, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, 1/8 teaspoon of pepper.
- Add meat; mix well.
- Divide into 4 parts.
- Place 2 slices of bacon side by side on waxed paper.
- Cut another slice in half crosswise.
- Place the 2 half slices at on end of bacon slices, overlapping slightly.
- Pat 14 of meat mixture evenly over bacon.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting from narrow end.
- Place rolls seam side down on rack in 12-7 1/2x2-inch backing dish.
- Repeat with remaining bacon and meat.
- Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes.