Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 3 large artichokes
- 5 ounces parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon
- Cut the stems and the tops (Just low enough to remove the pointy ends of the leaves) off of the artichokes.
- Mix cheese, garlic, and crumbs.
- Spread the artichoke leaves so you can fill each layer, from the outside in, with the crumb mixture.
- Place the artichokes in a pot with about 1-2 inches of water.
- Drizzle olive oil and lemon juice over the top of each artichoke.
- Cover and steam 45 minutes or longer, checking occasionally that the water has not completely evaporated.
- The artichokes are done when a leaf can be easily pulled off.