Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a very tasty dish and makes a very lovely presentation. I have looked at many squash recipes on this site and couldn't find one with the same ingredients listed. This is also a very easy recipe to decrease or increase.
- 2 small acorn squash, halved,seeded
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced carrot
- 1⁄2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup thickly sliced zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup thickly sliced mushroom
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter and brush on cut surfaces of squash.
- Place cut side down in a large baking dish without crowding.
- Add enough water to cover bottom of pan.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- In skillet melt remaining butter over medium heat.
- Saute remaining ingredients for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Spoon vegetables into squash halves.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until squash is tender.