Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a variation of stroganoff that my family really likes.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (7/8 ounce) package brown gravy mix
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons catsup
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup instant potato flakes
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Brown ground beef. Drain excess grease. Add gravy mix, soup, sour cream, sliced mushrooms, water, and catsup. Mix well. Spread into a 2 quart ovenproof baking dish.
- In a medium bowl combine remaining ingredients; blend well. Drop potato mixture by spoonfuls on top of casserole and bake for 30-35 minutes until biscuits are golden.