Prep 45 mins
Cook 10 mins
Sometimes you just have to stretch meat for many reasons.This is a quick and easy recipe to stretch two steaks to feed four persons, 4 steaks to feed 8 persons. Just double the ingredients.Use beef or pork steaks.You may freeze.
- 2 chuck steaks or 2 pork steaks
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2 white onions, course chopped pieces
- 1 green pepper, course chopped pieces
- 158.51 ml regular barbecue sauce
- 29.58 ml apricot preserves
- 4 whole wheat buns or 4 rolls or 4 tortillas
- Note: If you can't eat sugar, use 1 can 8oz tomato sauce and sugar free apricot preserves and 1 tsp vinegar or can diced tomatoes, blended with 2oz splenda and 1 tsp vinegar.
- 1 green bell pepper, course chopped.
- Partially freeze the steaks.
- Then cut paper thin strips across the grain.
- In skillet, add olive oil,steak strips, salt,onions and green peppers.
- Saute until steak is slightly browned and onions translucent and peppers slightly tender.Add barbecue sauce and apricot preserves or the substitute recipe for barbecue sauce.
- Stir until mixed.
- Pile on buns, rolls or tortillas.
- You may cool and pack in a ziplock freezer bag and freeze. Just warm up in microwave to serve.
- Prep time includes time in freezer for meat.