Prep 2 mins
Cook 8 mins
A favourite around our house! We serve it over Celebration Waffles Celebration Waffles and top it with Whipped Cream! Yum!
- 1 (425 g) package frozen strawberries
- 2 teaspoons sugar (to taste)
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch, use less for a thinner sauce, more for a thicker sauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Place all ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook until mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and serve over waffles warm or serve chilled over waffles if desired.
- Make a great ice cream topping as well!
Made this tonight as a topping for funnel cake. Used fresh strawberries and a little bit more sugar then the recipe called for. Didn't have vanilla. Turned out very yummy - kids LOVE it!
This was very nice, though I think next time I will double the sugar the way that some of the other reviewers did. We poured this strawberry topping over pancakes. The consistency was nice and the flavor was very close to what we were looking for. Thank you for the good recipe!