Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Lovely on pancakes and waffles! Syrup can also be added to lemonade.
Make and share this Strawberry Syrup-Canning Recipe recipe from Food.com.
- Lemon Peel, pith removed will be 1 2-inch strip.
- Wash strawberries, drain and de-stem.
- Crush strawberries.
- In a medium saucepan combine crushed strawberries, 1 and 1/2 cups of water and lemon peel.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Strain through a damp jelly bag or several layers of damp cheesecloth.
- In a medium saucepan combine sugar and the remaining 1 and 1/2 cups water.
- Bring to a hard, rolling boil.
- Add the strawberry juice mixture and corn syrup to sugar syrup.
- Boil for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in lemon juice.
- Ladle hot syrup into sterile, hot jars.
- Leave 1/4 inch head space.
- Wipe rims and adjust caps.
- Process for 10 minutes in a boiling water bath at altitudes up to 1000 feet.
- Note: Fruit syrups tend to be thin. If you wish for a thicker syrup, in a small saucepan combine 1 cup syrup to 1 tablespoon cornstarch. Bring to a boil cooking until syrup thickens. DO NOT ADD CORNSTARCH BEFORE CANNING.