Recipe by Tearanii
You can bake these using your family's favorite preserves.
Top Review by keen5
I loved the idea of these, but I'm really sorry to say that no one liked them that much. They were a bit too chewey for us, which I think was caused by the Special K Strawberry cereal, but I'm not sure. I used the strawberry preserves in them and they looked pretty and baked up nicely. It just wasn't for us. Thanks anyway for posting it.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups strawberry-flavored crispy rice cereal, crushed (such as Special K, 1 cup)
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg, lighty beaten
- 1 (12 ounce) jar strawberry preserves
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°. Coat 9x13x2" baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Stir togather flour, baking powder, salt, crushed cereal and sugar; stir in butter until throughly mixed. Remove and reserve 1/2 cup mixture for topping. Add egg to remaining flour mixture; stir to combine. Press dough into bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake at 375° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven:cool slightly. Spread strawberry preserves over dough. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Bake 19 minutes more.Remove from wire rack. Let cool. Cut into 24 bars.