Chocolate Streusel Bars
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
My FIL sent me an email with links to about 200 recipes. This one sounds really good. I'm guessing at prep time.
- Ready In:
- 1 3⁄4 cups unsifted flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, cold
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts or 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and cocoa.
- Cut in the margarine until crumbly (mixture will be dry).
- Reserving 2 cups crumb mixture, press remainder in bottom of 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- In large mixing bowl beat cheese until fluffy.
- Gradually beat in condensed milk until smooth.
- Add egg and vanilla; mix well. Pour over prepared crust. Celsius.
- ombine nuts with reserved crumb mixture. Sprinkle evenly over cheese mixture.
- Bake 25 minutes or until bubbly.
- Cool and cut into bars.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is a WONDERFUL, EASY recipe that I've been making for 6 or 7 years...ALWAYS comes out wonderful. A couple suggestions, when you press the crust in the pan, make a short "lip" around the edges. This keeps the filling from touching the pan, and the bars come out cleaner. Also, be mixing up the filling (#6 through#8) while the crust is baking (#5), you pull it out of the oven and pour the filling right over the top of the crust. Another thing I do is only reserve about 1 3/4 C of the mixture to sprinkle on the top. And, since these are so very rich, I cut them more into squares than bars. Make sure they're cool before you cut them!1Reply