Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salad was served at a soccer party down the Cape. It was given to me by a fellow soccer mom, Jane Cox.
- 2 lbs fresh spinach (Washed)
- 1 quart strawberry (Hulled and Sliced)
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons onions (finely chopped)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- Put salad ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Combine first five ingredients and mix with hand mixer on medium for 30 seconds.
- Add Vegetable Oil in a slow stream and continue to mix for another 30 seconds.
- Stir in Poppy Seeds.
- Add dressing to salad and toss.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to let flavors meld.
Delightful, refreshing salad - Especially when you can enjoy it sitting outside in the sunshine. I took a liberty with the dressing - I didn't add any oil -It was still great Will do again