Prep 2 mins
Cook 1 min
Modified from The Kitchn's facebook page. Original recipe called for gin, but substitute vodka, if desired!
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 lime wedge (juice)
- 4 fresh ripe strawberries (2 sliced, one smashed, reserve one for garnish)
- 3 ounces gin or 3 ounces vodka
- club soda (to fill a large ice filled glass)
- In a tall glass, combine the sugar, one smashed ripe strawberry, and a squeeze of juice from the lime wedge. Muddle with the back of a spoon to dissolve the sugar.
- Add the sliced strawberries and lightly muddle.
- Fill the glass with ice and add the gin or vodka. Top with a splash of club soda and garnish with the last strawberry.