Prep 40 mins
Cook 15 mins
Haven't tried yet, posting for safekeeping.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup firm butter
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 lb fresh strawberries, sliced
- Heat oven to 450.
- In medium bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture looks like fine crumbs.
- Stir in milk, almond extract and egg just until blended. Spread in ungreased 13 x 9 pan.
- Bake 11 to 13 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in chilled small bowl, beat whipping cream with electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form; set aside.
- In medium bowl, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Fold in whipped cream.
- Frost top of cooled cake with whipped cream mixture. Frosted cake can be refrigerated up to 6 hours.
- Just before serving, top cake with strawberries. Cake topped with strawberries can be refrigerated up to 2 hours.