Strawberry Shortcake Coffee Cake
- Heat oven to 450.
- In medium bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture looks like fine crumbs.
- Stir in milk, almond extract and egg just until blended. Spread in ungreased 13 x 9 pan.
- Bake 11 to 13 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in chilled small bowl, beat whipping cream with electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form; set aside.
- In medium bowl, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Fold in whipped cream.
- Frost top of cooled cake with whipped cream mixture. Frosted cake can be refrigerated up to 6 hours.
- Just before serving, top cake with strawberries. Cake topped with strawberries can be refrigerated up to 2 hours.