1/3 Photos of Strawberry Shortcake Bundt Cake
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
A great traveling and keeping cake. This delicious cake is perfect for strawberry season when those delicious berries are in abundance. It is also great for picnics.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups coarsely chopped strawberries
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk or 1 cup soured milk
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
Soaking Syrup(instead of glaze or with glaze)
- 1To sour milk, stir 1 tablespoon lemon juice with a cup of milk and let stand a minute.
- 2Preheat to 350°F Butter a 12-cup Bundt pan and set aside.
- 3Prepare the strawberries and set aside. In a food processor, cream the sugar and flour with the cream cheese until smooth. Stir in the egg and vanilla. Set aside.
- 4Cream the butter with the sugar until light and fluffy. Fold in the vanilla, then blend in eggs, and process to blend batter well. Fold in the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder together and add to the mixture, alternating with the buttermilk to make a smooth batter.
- 5Spoon half of batter into prepared pan. Make sure the pan is big enough. I did this once and it ended up spilling out all over my oven. Spread reserved cream cheese filling all around top of batter (being careful not to touch edges). Sprinkle strawberries evenly over this. Top with remaining batter. Bake 60-75 minutes until cakes tests done. Let cool 15-20 minutes in pan before inverting onto a serving plate. Dust with confectioner's sugar or fondant.
- 6For the Soaking Syrup, heat the sugar and water to a gentle boil in a small saucepan. Simmer 3 minutes and then cool to room temperature. Using a pastry brush, soak cake thoroughly, at least twice with this syrup.
- 7For the Vanilla Glaze, whisk all ingredients in a small bowl adding hot water as required to make a pourable glaze. Drizzle over cake (that has syrup or not – up to you – the syrup makes the cake far more moist).
- 8More often than not I just heat up a can of vanilla icing in the microwave for several seconds and spoon that over. It's still delicious.
- 9This cake freezes well.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Shortcake Bundt Cake
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 659.8
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.3 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 139.8 mg
- Sodium 292.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 103.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 77.7 g
- Protein 8.0 g