Prep 2 hrs
Cook 30 mins
I whipped up this strawberry sauce to serve over grilled salmon and we loved the flavor combination.
- 4 salmon steaks
- 1 lb strawberry
- 3⁄4 cup white balsamic vinegar, divided
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 dashes pepper
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 6 sprigs fresh marjoram, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 ounce brandy
- Combine 1/4 cup of white balsamic vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 2 dashes pepper, 1/2 teaspoon sugar and 2 sprigs marjoram chopped fine.
- Place salmon steaks in single layer of bottom of a shallow dish. Pour the marinade you just combined over the salmon and cover dish with plastic. Let salmon sit in fridge for two hours minimum. Mine sat for about six hours.
- Remove salmon dish from fridge 1/2 hour before cooking it. Set aside.
- Cut stems from strawberries, then puree them in the blender.
- In a medium saucepan on the stove, combine strawberry puree with remaining 1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 4 sprigs marjoram chopped fine and 3 tablespoons of sugar. Cook over medium or medium low (depending on your stove) to reduce till thick.
- Add in the brandy and butter, cook to melt butter and cook off alcohol for about five minutes.
- Turn sauce burner down to lowest setting while you grill your salmon on the barbecue at approximately 500°F for a minute or two each side. Enough to sear and cook through but not completely dry out the steaks.
- Serve salmon steaks immediately with a tablespoon or so sauce poured over the top.
- This goes nicely with an arugula or spring mix salad.