2 hrs 30 mins
I whipped up this strawberry sauce to serve over grilled salmon and we loved the flavor combination.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine 1/4 cup of white balsamic vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 2 dashes pepper, 1/2 teaspoon sugar and 2 sprigs marjoram chopped fine.
- 2Place salmon steaks in single layer of bottom of a shallow dish. Pour the marinade you just combined over the salmon and cover dish with plastic. Let salmon sit in fridge for two hours minimum. Mine sat for about six hours.
- 3Remove salmon dish from fridge 1/2 hour before cooking it. Set aside.
- 4Cut stems from strawberries, then puree them in the blender.
- 5In a medium saucepan on the stove, combine strawberry puree with remaining 1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 4 sprigs marjoram chopped fine and 3 tablespoons of sugar. Cook over medium or medium low (depending on your stove) to reduce till thick.
- 6Add in the brandy and butter, cook to melt butter and cook off alcohol for about five minutes.
- 7Turn sauce burner down to lowest setting while you grill your salmon on the barbecue at approximately 500°F for a minute or two each side. Enough to sear and cook through but not completely dry out the steaks.
- 8Serve salmon steaks immediately with a tablespoon or so sauce poured over the top.
- 9This goes nicely with an arugula or spring mix salad.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Sauced Salmon
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 304.5
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 66.6 mg
- Sodium 516.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 15.2 g
- Protein 20.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white balsamic vinegar