Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
These are cute little Santa creations using strawberries, pineapple, and cream cheese icing. Your guests and kids will love them.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup marshmallow cream
- 12 large fresh strawberries
- 12 fresh pineapple chunks (about 1 inch pieces) or 12 canned pineapple chunks (about 1 inch pieces)
- 12 frilled toothpicks
- 24 miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 12 white fudge covered Oreos
- Place cream cheese mixture in decorating bag fitted with #17 star tip.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and marshmallow cream in l with mixer on high speed until fluffy.
- Cut each strawberry in 1/2 crosswise. Place a chunk of pineapple in center and secure with toothpick, repeat until done.
- Press chocolate chips in to pineapple for eyes, pipe cream cheese around top bottom part of strawberry to form fur around the hat, then pipe cream cheese around pineapple to form Santa’s beard.
- Refrigerate (no more than 2 hours).
- Serve on white cream covered Oreos or a white cookie of your choice.
I love them! I saw these in a magazine years ago, and finally made them this Christmas. They rate a 10 on the cuteness scale! I used fresh pineapple (not canned). I think the fresh pineapple may hold the "eyes" better. Also, I saved the pineapple top and used it as a "Christmas tree" in the center of the serving plate, arranging the Santas around the tree. Make sure you get extra long toothpicks, or you'll have trouble securing the toothpick all the way through to the cookie. Because it's recommended that you refrigerate the Santas for only 2 hours, I assembled the Santas early in the morning, then pipped the cream cheese/marshmallow mixture onto the Santas later in the day. I found that periodically putting the pipping bag into the freezer (to keep it firm) was helpful. I also sprinkled a few of the mini chocolate chips on the serving plate as a garnish.