photo by Munchkin Mama
- Ready In:
15 BLTeenie appetizers
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise (no substitutes)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Italian salad dressing mix (the powdered stuff)
Bread and Toppings
- 15 slices cocktail bread (I like sourdough)
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 3 small tomatoes, sliced (you want them to be slightly smaller than the bread)
- 3 ounces bacon bits (I like hormel because they seem to be darker in color and shredded finer. Oscar mayer doesnt look as)
- Mix together the mayo, sour cream, and dressing mix. This is going to "glue" all of the layers of the sandwich together.
- Make an open-faced mini sandwich with the rest of the ingredients: First spread the bread with mayonnaise mixture to the edges (be generous-I use just less than a tablespoon.).
- Add some shredded lettuce, covering the spread.
- Put a small dollop of the mayo mixture in the center of the lettuce, then add a slice of tomato.
- Add a chocolate-chip sized amount of the mayo mixture, followed by a nice sprinkling of the bacon.
- Voila, you're done. Put on a pretty platter and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Perfect!!! Just perfect!!! I am making appetizers for over 100 guests for my mom's 80th birthday party and I wanted something that tasted alittle lighter. I used frozen ready to bake bread and sliced it fairly thin after baking and allowing to cool. These look great on a platter and I love the addition of the italian dressing mix. Gives it a boost of flavour. Well Done!!!!!!!!!!!!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p> <br /><br /><br /><a href="http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b161/tisht/?action=view?t=tish1.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b161/tisht/tish1.jpg" border="0" alt="Recipezaar Challenge 2008" /></a></p>