Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this recipe in the Cooking Light archives. Where I live, we get such an abundance of fresh strawberries, it would be a shame not to capitalize on it!! A nice change from dressings with heavy oils!!!
Poppy Seed Dressing
- 2 -3 tablespoons sugar (or Splenda to taste)
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 (10 ounce) bag romaine lettuce
- 1 cup sliced strawberry
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Place lettuce in a large bowl; add strawberries and almonds, tossing with enough dressing to combine.
This is a great salad. We have been making this for years. I saved it from a newspaper clipping, happy to have it posted here.