Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a favorite of my pies and easy to make.
- 2 cups rhubarb, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 (9 inch) pie crusts
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Mix together gently the rhubarb and the strawberries, sugar, flour, almond extract, and salt.
- Line a 9-inch pie pan with pastry add the fruit.
- Dot with butter.
- Cover with the other pastry.
- Brush the crust with milk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes until the fruit is tender and crust is lightly browned.
Simple recipe, shared it with my sista....LOVED it......thanks so much...Even my sista who CAN"T cook/bake made an awesome pie.
Absolutely delicious! I didn't change a thing and everyone loved it.
First Rhubarb husband ever liked. First I ever liked. Of course I tweaked it. I added a tsp of very good vanilla. Reduced the strawberries to a cup of frozen with liquid. Used 1/4 cup sugar because the strawberries were sweetened. Used buckwheat flour for the flour. Left out the salt because of heart. Used fresh Organic local grown Rhubarb. Jelled nicely. No overflow. Not too sweet but a good balance of sweetish fruit.