- 2 cups rhubarb, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 (9 inch) pie crusts
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Mix together gently the rhubarb and the strawberries, sugar, flour, almond extract, and salt.
- Line a 9-inch pie pan with pastry add the fruit.
- Dot with butter.
- Cover with the other pastry.
- Brush the crust with milk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes until the fruit is tender and crust is lightly browned.