Beth A.'s Note:
I traditionally make a Strawberry Rhubarb pie about this time of year, but this time I decided made this cobbler instead. I don't think anybody is missing the pie, after tasting this! Hope you all enjoy this as much as we did. :) Preparation time does not include time for macerating the fruit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 1/2 cups rhubarb, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 1 1/2 lbs.)
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced (about 1 lb)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca (heaping tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2In a bowl, mix the rhubarb and the strawberries with the sugar, tapioca, orange zest, and nutmeg. Let mixture sit for 30 minutes to an hour.
- 3In a medium bowl, combine 2 Tablespoons of sugar, the flour, baking powder and salt. Cut the butter in with a fork or pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the milk and egg until just moistened.
- 4Pour fruit into a 3-quart casserole dish. Drop the batter on the fruit. Bake in a 350°F oven for 45 minutes until cobbler crust is golden brown.
- 5Serve with whipped cream (optional).
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 365.4
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 52.7 mg
- Sodium 305.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 44.8 g
- Protein 4.7 g