Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Easy as 1, 2, 3.
Make and share this Strawberry Pineapple Cream Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 92.13 g vanilla pudding mix (not instant)
- 354.88 ml whole milk
- 158.51 ml crushed pineapple, well drained
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 118.29 ml whipping cream
- 9 inch pie shells
- 118.29 ml fresh strawberries
- 118.29 ml water
- 59.14 ml white sugar
- 9.85 ml cornstarch
- 591.47 ml fresh strawberries, washed hulled cut in half
- Prebake your pie crust and have cooled.
- In a saucepot place the whole milk, and vanilla pudding mix (not instant), and cook until thick , following package directions.
- Cool slightly without stirring.
- Add well drained crushed pineapple.
- Add in vanilla.
- Whip the heavy cream until stiff, and fold in the cooled pudding mixture.
- Spread into the cooled pie shell.
- Chill until set.
- In a saucepot place the 1/2 cup berries and water.
- Cook about two minutes, then remove and sieve.
- Place back into saucepot.
- Combine the sugar and cornstarch with the juices or puree in the saucepot.
- Over low heat, stirring until thick and clear.
- Add food colouring if desired to make a nice red.
- Remove from heat.
- Slice the 2 1/2 cups berries in half.
- Place in a nice circular pattern berries cut side up onto the chilled pie.
- Spoon the glaze over all the berries to glaze fruit.
- Chill now for several hours.
- Serve with additional whipped heavy cream.
The combination of pineapple and strawberry add a nice pleasing flavor to this pie. It is an attractive dish to serve. The directions are wonderful and easy to follow. For the pineapple, I used an 8 ounce can of crushed pineapple which was drained well. I used my Microwave Graham Cracker Crust #96877 for the crust. Thanks andypandy for posting!