Recipe by andypandy
Easy as 1, 2, 3.
Top Review by PaulaG
The combination of pineapple and strawberry add a nice pleasing flavor to this pie. It is an attractive dish to serve. The directions are wonderful and easy to follow. For the pineapple, I used an 8 ounce can of crushed pineapple which was drained well. I used my Microwave Graham Cracker Crust #96877 for the crust. Thanks andypandy for posting!
- 3 1⁄4 ounces vanilla pudding mix (not instant)
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole milk
- 2⁄3 cup crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 (9 inch) pie shells
- 1⁄2 cup fresh strawberries
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 1⁄2 cups fresh strawberries, washed hulled cut in half
Directions See How It's Made
- Prebake your pie crust and have cooled.
- In a saucepot place the whole milk, and vanilla pudding mix (not instant), and cook until thick , following package directions.
- Cool slightly without stirring.
- Add well drained crushed pineapple.
- Add in vanilla.
- Whip the heavy cream until stiff, and fold in the cooled pudding mixture.
- Spread into the cooled pie shell.
- Chill until set.
- In a saucepot place the 1/2 cup berries and water.
- Cook about two minutes, then remove and sieve.
- Place back into saucepot.
- Combine the sugar and cornstarch with the juices or puree in the saucepot.
- Over low heat, stirring until thick and clear.
- Add food colouring if desired to make a nice red.
- Remove from heat.
- Slice the 2 1/2 cups berries in half.
- Place in a nice circular pattern berries cut side up onto the chilled pie.
- Spoon the glaze over all the berries to glaze fruit.
- Chill now for several hours.
- Serve with additional whipped heavy cream.