Prep 2 hrs
Cook 30 mins
Strawberry preserves take the place of cinnamon in a morning favorite
Make and share this Strawberry-Pecan Rolls recipe from Food.com.
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3⁄4 teaspoon yeast
- 4 -4 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 egg
- 8 tablespoons butter, softened divided
- 2⁄3 cup strawberry preserves, divided
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 3⁄4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- In medium saucepan, combine 1 3/4 cups milk, salt, oil and honey.
- Heat over medium heat until warm (118°F. to 120°F.).
- Place in large bowl.
- Stir in yeast and 2 cups of the flour.
- Cover; let stand 10 minutes.
- Stir in egg and 2 cups of the flour, adding additional 1/2 cup flour if dough is very sticky.
- Turn out onto floured surface; knead 6 to 8 minutes or until smooth.
- Cover; let stand 30 to 40 minutes or until risen by half.
- Spray 15x11-inch pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Punch dough down to deflate; turn out onto floured surface.
- Divide dough in half.
- Cover each half; let stand 10 minutes.
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Roll out half of the dough into 15x10-inch rectangle.
- Spread 4 tablespoons of the butter over dough, leaving 1-inch border.
- Spread with 1/3 cup of the strawberry preserves.
- In small bowl, stir together 1 tablespoon sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle half of the cinnamon-sugar mixture over preserves.
- Starting at long edge, roll dough; pinch edges to seal.
- Gently cut into 12 pieces; place, cut side down in pan.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Cover; let stand 30 minutes.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until light brown.
- Cool completely.
- In small bowl, beat together cream cheese, powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon of the milk and almond extract at low speed until smooth, adding additional 1 tablespoon milk if needed.
- Drizzle over cooled rolls; sprinkle with pecans.
I made these for a potluck breakfast and they were a big hit. Most people had more than one, and some even took some home. I sent the rest to DH's work, and he put them down, walked back to his desk for something, and when he got back they were all gone! He didn't even get to try them. I guess I'll have to make them again. I did accidently melt the butter for the first half (it wasn't spreadable, so I threw it in the microwave), which was a HUGE mistake. The second half, I just mashed the butter until it was spreadable, and it worked so mcuh better.
If we could give this 10 stars we would! I don't know who's kids were eating these though. :) DS#2 - "Thank you for making these. They were really yummy." DS#1 liked them a lot. DS#3 gave a thumbs up. DS#4 didn't say anything - which is a good sign. I didn't use your dough recipe though. I used mine instead. I followed your filling and frosting recipe mostly exactly. Soooooo very tasty! I will have to make these again with peach freezer jam as I used strawberry freezer jam this time. And I didn't wait until they were cooled to frost them. The frosting held up very well. Oh - I did sub vanilla for almond as I am not an almond flavoring fan.