8 hrs 30 mins
From Sara's Secret's for the 2005 Strawberry Recipe Swap. You do need 6 (6-ounce) stainless-steel or ceramic molds for this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups sliced strawberries (1 pound)
- 1 3/4 cups well-shaken low-fat buttermilk
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin, from less than 2 (1/4-ounce)
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 1/2 cups strawberries, trimmed (preferably small; 3/4 pound)
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 teaspoons superfine sugar
- 1Make panna cotta: Blend strawberries, buttermilk, and sugar in a blender until very smooth. Pour through a very fine sieve into a medium bowl, pressing hard on solids and scraping the bottom of the sieve. Discard solids.
- 2Sprinkle gelatin over milk in a small bowl and let stand 1 minute to soften.
- 3Bring cream to a boil in a small saucepan. Remove from heat and add gelatin mixture, stirring until dissolved.
- 4Whisk cream mixture into strawberry puree and pour into molds. Chill molds, covered, until firm, at least 8 hours.
- 5To unmold: Dip molds in a small bowl of hot water 2 or 3 seconds, then invert onto dessert plates and remove molds. Let stand at room temperature 20 minutes to soften slightly.
- 6Make compote while panna cottas stand: Halve strawberries lengthwise if small, or quarter if larger. Whisk together orange juice and superfine sugar in a bowl until sugar is dissolved and add strawberries, tossing to coat. Set the compote aside to macerate for 10 minutes.
- 7Serve panna cotta with compote.
- 8note: Panna cotta can be chilled in molds, covered, up to 2 days.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Panna Cotta With Strawberry Compote
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 173.2
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 17.4 mg
- Sodium 86.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 24.9 g
- Protein 4.6 g