Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
From The Natural Menopause Cookbook. Can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.
- 250 g strawberries (8 oz hulled and thinly sliced)
- 250 g rolled oats (8 oz)
- 75 g sliced almonds (3 oz)
- 75 g pumpkin seeds (3 oz)
- 75 g sunflower seeds (3 oz)
- 25 g linseeds (golden 1 oz)
- 75 g cranberries (dried 3 oz)
- Preheat oven to 110C, 225F, Gas Mark 1/4.
- Blot juice from the strawberries with kitchen paper and lay them in a single layer on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Place tray in preheated oven for 1 hour, remove and turn strawberries slices and then return to oven for a further 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until strawberries are crisp.
- Mix together all other ingredients and then carefully stir in the cooled strawberries.
- Keep in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.
- Suggested you serve using soy milk.
Wowee! Love this with one minor change. The last 1/2 hour out of 2 1/2 hours I included the nut/seed mixture atop the strawberries in the oven to toast them a bit. Works for me! I love this muesli! And this is my first time cooking strawberries! I understand that linseeds are flaxseeds -- please correct me if I'm wrong because I used flaxseeds. Thanks, I'm Pat! Made for Aussie Kiwi Recipe Swap June 2010.
This was a learning curve for me as i was keen to see how the slow drying out of the strawberries went and it was good and something I will do again to add to muesli. My oven starts at 120 so I was a little worried they would burn too quickly but it was fine. It pays to set a timer to keep an eye on them esp for the second hour. Now I can enjoy them in my muesli all week.I omitted the linseed but will add it later when purchased.