Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A delicious and easy dessert!
Make and share this Strawberry Meringue recipe from Food.com.
- Beat the egg whites and baking powder until soft peaks form.
- Add the sugar gradually and continue beating until the mixture forms stiff peaks and is glossy.
- Fold in the crushed crackers and choppped pecans.
- Spread in well-buttered 9 inch pie pan.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 30 minutes. Cool on a rack.
- Fill with unsweetened strawberries (I usually leave them whole).
- Top with whipped cream. Chill several hours before serving.
This is a MOST wonderful and easy desert! I have presented it to friends who, with just a hint of doubt on their faces, beamed with delight upon tasting the first bite of this wonderful desert,<br/>asked for the recipe and proclaimed this to be one of the most delicious deserts they have<br/>ever tasted! It is rich and creamy, as fresh as spring, as light as air.