Recipe by mkgodsey
This pie combines the flavors of malted milk balls and strawberry shakes-what a great mix! I got it from a Hometown Cooking magazine, a magazine I love! The cooking time is actually the refrigeration time.
- 1 (5 1/4 ounce) packagerolled sugar ice cream cones, finely crushed (12 cones)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 4 ounces white chocolate baking squares
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons instant malted milk powder
- 3 tablespoons sifted powdered sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1⁄3 cup coarsely chopped malted milk balls
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate fudge topping, warmed
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine crushed cones and melted butter.
- Press onto bottom and up sides of a 9 inch pie plate; set aside.
- Heat white chocolate and milk over low heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate is melted.
- Remove from heat; cool.
- Beat cream cheese, malted milk powder, and powdered sugar together until smooth.
- Beat in cooled white chocolate mixture.
- In another bowl, beat whipping cream until soft peaks form.
- Fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture.
- Spread into crust-lined pie plate.
- Arrange strawberry slices atop.
- Cover and chill 4 hours.
- Before serving, top with malted milk balls and drizzle with warm ice cream topping.