Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Made this for easter and it was a hit. It was my first time making a roll and this turned out great
Make and share this Strawberry-Mallow Cake Roll recipe from Food.com.
- 4 eggs, separated
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup sugar, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 (8 ounce) cartonsspreadable strawberry cream cheese
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries, divided
- chocolate syrup (optional)
- Let eggs stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Line a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with waxed paper and grease the paper; set aside.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat egg yolks until slightly thickened.
- Gradually add 1/4 cup sugar, beating until thick and lemon-colored.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients; mix well.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form.
- Gradually beat in remaining sugar, about 2 tablespoons at a time, on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved.
- Fold a fourth of the egg whites into batter; fold in remaining whites.
- Gently spoon into prepared pan. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Turn cake onto a kitchen towel dusted with confectioners' sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll up cake in the towel, starting with a short side. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and marshmallow creme.
- Unroll cake; spread cream cheese mixture to within 1/2 inches of edges.
- Top with 2-1/2 cups strawberries.
- Roll up again. Place seam side down on a platter.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Just before serving, garnish with remaining strawberries. Serve with chocolate syrup if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 10 servings.