Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is perfect with strawberry season coming up. Who can resist something that tastes like strawberry shortcake without the fuss?
- 1 pint strawberry, hulled, washed, thoroughly dried, then sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) container small curd cottage cheese
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert (unprepared, use powder only)
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans
- In large mixing bowl, add jello powder to cottage cheese and mix well, scraping bottom and sides of bowl, until THOROUGHLY blended.
- Gently stir in sliced strawberries.
- Fold in thawed Cool Whip to blend, and transfer to serving dish.
- Top with chopped pecans, cover, and refrigerate at least 3 hours (preferably overnight).
This site comes well recommended and I needed some easy desserts for in-laws coming this Easter. This strawberry fluff was excellent!! I made it for my husband (to try it before company comes), and he loved it. The strawberry jello really gives it an intense taste, and I love the addition of cottage cheese. One of my in-laws is on The Zone diet, and protein is always appreciated. Thanks Bunnee.
So So Yummy... we made something like this in the deli I used to work in... We would mix crushed pineapple with the cottage cheese.. jello and cool whip... you can use any flavor jello..we always called it "Fluff"... we sold more black cherry and strawberry than any other flavors.
Super yummy!!!!!! This was terrific!!!! I didn't add the nuts. I put halved strawberries on the top instead. This is a nice light dessert and I really like it!! I could eat the whole bowl myself. I never thought to mix jello and cottage cheese. You could probably do this with whatever flavor of jello and whatever fruit you could find. Terrific!!!!