One of my favorite holiday cookies! I make these for Valentine's Day and Christmas! A very delicious tender, sweet cookie.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg and beat.
- Add milk and vanilla.
- Add rest of ingredients and mix well.
- Roll out dough to 1/8" thick.
- Cut the dough with solid shape cookie cutters such as hearts, christmas trees, etc.
- With very small cookie cutter of same shape, cut out centers of half of the shapes. (The outside edge pieces go on top of the solid shapes).
- Gather up bits of cut-out centers and roll out again, repeating til all dough is used up.
- Place whole shapes onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Top each cookie center with a teaspoons or so of strawberry jam.
- Place cookie shape with cut-out center on top.
- Seal outside edges all the way around with tines of fork. Pressing to seal.
- Sprinkle edges with colored sugar.
- Bake in 350° oven for 11-13 minutes.
- These do not brown.