Recipe by Dee514
If you love strawberries, you'll love this. This is a cooling, refreshing, easy to prepare dessert or snack for those hot, humid summer days!(prep time includes 1 hour freezing time)
Top Review by Chris Reynolds
This was very good. The lemon juice gave the gelato a little bit of a tartness which was refreshing and took away from the sweetness. I think next time, I will try to cut the sugar a bit. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 quart fresh strawberries
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and hull strawberries, then puree them.
- Add lemon and orange juices to the berries.
- In a small sauce pan combine water and sugar, cook until syrupy.
- Cool syrup and add to fruit mixture.
- Place cooled mixture in ice cream machine, and freeze according to manufacturer's directions.
- Freezer Method: Pour mixture into a shallow freezer proof pan.
- Stir mixture frequently while freezing.
- Freeze for about 1 hour or until the mixture has the consistancy of a thick mush.