Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
The Simple Syrup recipe makes enough for three batches of strawberry daiquiris or two batches of the blueberry or raspberry variation. The syrup is also handy for sweetening iced tea. I found this recipe in Cooking Light magazine. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting it for safe keeping.
- 1 cup halved strawberry
- 1⁄2 cup simple syrup
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups crushed ice
- 1⁄2 cup rum
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- Strawberry Daiquiris: Combine first 3 ingredients in a blender, and process until smooth. Strain mixture through a sieve into a bowl, and discard solids. Combine strawberry mixture, 3 cups crushed ice, rum, and lime juice in blender, and process until smooth. (Serving size 2/3 cup).
- Simple Syrup: Combine sugar and 1 cup water in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook 1 1/2 minutes or until sugar dissolves, stirring occasionally. Refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 1 1/2 cups. (Serving size 3 tablespoons).
- Blueberry Daiquiri: Substitute 1 cup blueberries for strawberries. Increase Simple Syrup to 3/4 cup. (Serving size 2/3 cup).
- Raspberry Daiquiri: Substitute 6-ounce container raspberries for strawberries. Increase Simple Syrup to 3/4 cup. (Serving size 2/3 cup).
This was a PERFECT way to relax after a hard day at work.