Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
Just playing around tonight, throwing this and that together. This is my version of a strawberry daiquiri, including my "secret ingredient". The strawberries have to be ripe and flavorful, or the flavor will fall flat. Traditional daiquiris are made with clear rum, but I like the sweet richness of dark rum, better. And even though it's not Cuban rum, I love this when made with Cruzan. Mmmmmm!!!
- 5 large strawberries, ripe
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 ounces dark rum
- 1⁄2 ounce Cointreau liqueur
- 1 ounce banana liqueur (see my Dolly's Banana Liqueur )
- 1⁄2 ounce simple syrup
- 5 ice cubes
- Place all ingredients in a magic bullet jar and process until smooth.
- Adjust sweetness, as it all depends on how sweet your strawberries are.
- Pour into a tropical looking glass and enjoy.