This pie starts with a delicious custard placed in a baked pie shell, then a layer of halved fresh strawberries is added and then topped with luscious freshly whipped cream. Custard can be made ahead and pie assembled just before serving. Awesome!
- Combine sugar, cornstarch and salt in a medium saucepan, gradually add milk and cook, stirring constantly over medium heat until thick.
- Add a small amount of the hot mixture to the beaten eggs and whisk in quickly.
- Return egg mixture to saucepan and cook, stirring constantly until thick.
- Remove from heat and add butter and vanilla extract.
- Cover and chill.
- Whip cream, add sugar and beat until thickened.
- Pour chilled custard mixture into bottom of pie shell and arrange strawberry halves over the top.
- Just before serving, spread whipped cream over top of strawberries.
- Garnish with more berries, if desired.
Fabulous!!!!! This is so delicious ad i did not put cream coz i wanted to reduce calorie intake ....:)I am waiting it to chill to eat it ...Thanx for posting it .
OMG. Can you say "10 stars". This is so scrumptious, and so very easy. I can't wait for it to chill a little more so I can devour it.