Recipe by Brisket in Roses
This is a great "souffle" because you can sub the ingredients so easily and still get a wonderful result. Prep time does not include chilling time.
- 6 ounces pachages strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup chopped strawberry
- 1⁄3 cup coconut rum
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- strawberry, sliced, for garnish
- mint leaf, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Set up collar outside souffle dish with parchment paper cut 2 inches high.
- In bowl, combine gelatin and 1 cup boiling water, stir 2 minutes.
- In 2 cup measuring cup, add 1/2 cup water and add enough ice to make 2 cups.
- Pour ice water into gelatin mixture and chill over ice bath.
- Beat geltin mixture with a mixer until frothy, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in strawberries, coconut rum, and 1 tablespoon each of lime zest and juice.
- Fold in whipped topping and pour into prepared souffle dish.
- Tap dish on countertop to remove air pockets.
- Chill 1 hour or until set. Remove wax paper collar.
- Garnish souffle with frozen whipped topping, strawberry slices, and fresh mint.