2 hrs 5 mins
1 hr 5 mins
This is a most elegant dessert. I've had this recipe for years. Just pulled it out to make for a coffee group. Everyone always loves it, Hope you will too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pint cleaned fresh strawberries
Cream Cheese Filling and Frosting
- 1Heat milk to boiling in small saucepan. Add butter. Set aside.
- 2In large bowl blend sugar, vanilla and eggs. Beat at high speed for 3 minutes until thick and lemon colored.
- 3Add flour, baking powder and salt. Beat 1 minute at low speed. Add milk-butter mixture. Beat 1 more minute at low speed.
- 4Pour into well-buttered and floured 10-inch springform pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 65 minutes. or until a tester in center come out clean. Cool thoroughly. Remove from pan.
- 5Whip room temperature cream cheese until smooth. Beat in powdered sugar and whipping cream until mixture is very light and fluffy.
- 6Split cooled cake into 3 layers. Fill between layers with about 3/4 cup filing.
- 7placing sliced strawberries on top of filling before stacking cake.
- 8Frost stacked cake with Cream Cheese filling. Press about 1 cup through pastry bag to decorate top. Garnish with more berries. Chill until ready to serve.
- 9Tips: Cake can be made several hours before serving or the day before, but should be covered and refrigerated so it will not absorb odors from other foods.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Cream Cheese Torte
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 636.9
- Calories from Fat 368
- Total Fat 40.8 g
- Saturated Fat 23.8 g
- Cholesterol 205.2 mg
- Sodium 471.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 39.2 g
- Protein 9.5 g