Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe came from the spring 2010 cooking club magazine. I haven't tried these yet, but they sound yummy.
- Heat oven to 400.
- Grease bottoms of 12 muffin cups or line with paper liners.
- Combine flour, 3/4 cup of the sugar, baking powder, and baking soda in medium bowl.
- With pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Stir in strawberries.
- Whisk all of buttermilk and egg in small bowl until blended.
- Gently stir buttermilk mixture into flour mixture just until combined.
- Divide evenly among muffin cups.
- Dip cream cheese pieces in 2 tbsp of sugar; place in center of each muffin.
- Press cream cheese until until level with batter. (Do not cover cream cheese with batter.)
- Sprinkle muffins with remaining 1 tbsp sugar.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until light brown and toothpick inserted off center comes out clean (do not put toothpick in cream cheese).
- Cool on wire rack 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan; serve warm or at room temperature. Store in refrigerator.