Prep 40 mins
Cook 1 hr
Haven't made this yet -- but it sounds like a winner.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry preserves
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
Cream Cheese Filling
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- Heat oven to 350. Grease bottom and side of springform pan, 10x3 inches -- or rectangular baking dish 11x7x1 1/2 inches, with shortening, lightly flour.
- Make Cream Cheese filling and set aside.
- (Mix all ingredients until smooth).
- Mix flour and sugar in large bowl. Cut in butter, using pastry blender or crisscrossing 2 knives, until mixture looks like coarse crumbs. Reserve 1 cup of the crumb mixture. Stir baking powder, baking soda, salt, sour cream, almond extract, and egg into remaining crumb mixture. Spread batter over bottom and 2 inches up the side (about 1/4" thick) of pan. Pour Cream Cheese Filling over batter.
- Carefully spoon preserves evenly over filling, Mix reserved crumb mixture and sliced almonds and sprinkle over preserves.
- Bake springform pan 50 to 60 minutes, rectangular dish 35 to 45 mimutes, or until filling is set and crust is deep golden brown.
- Cool 15 minutes; remove side of springform pan. Serve warm or cool. Store covered in refrigerator.