Strawberry Cream Brunch Cake
- Heat oven to 350. Grease bottom and side of springform pan, 10x3 inches -- or rectangular baking dish 11x7x1 1/2 inches, with shortening, lightly flour.
- Make Cream Cheese filling and set aside.
- (Mix all ingredients until smooth).
- Mix flour and sugar in large bowl. Cut in butter, using pastry blender or crisscrossing 2 knives, until mixture looks like coarse crumbs. Reserve 1 cup of the crumb mixture. Stir baking powder, baking soda, salt, sour cream, almond extract, and egg into remaining crumb mixture. Spread batter over bottom and 2 inches up the side (about 1/4" thick) of pan. Pour Cream Cheese Filling over batter.
- Carefully spoon preserves evenly over filling, Mix reserved crumb mixture and sliced almonds and sprinkle over preserves.
- Bake springform pan 50 to 60 minutes, rectangular dish 35 to 45 mimutes, or until filling is set and crust is deep golden brown.
- Cool 15 minutes; remove side of springform pan. Serve warm or cool. Store covered in refrigerator.