Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
It's so easy to make your own liqueurs - and so easy to get sloshed on them when they taste this good!
- Clean berries without washing; set aside in tall half-gallon jar.
- Mix sugar with 1 cup water and stir over low heat until sugar dissolves.
- Increase heat; bring mixture to boil and set aside to cool.
- Mix cooled syrup with vodka and pour over strawberries.
- Cover tightly and store in a cool, dark place for 1 week.
- Pass liqueur through a fine mesh strainer (eat berries :-)).
- Strain again through coffee filter into a bottle.
- Note: The reason for the double-straining is to eliminate the tiny strawberry seeds that inevitably fall off the fruit into the liqueur. The fruit can be cut into smaller pieces if very large, or left whole.