It's so easy to make your own liqueurs - and so easy to get sloshed on them when they taste this good!
My Private Note
- 1Clean berries without washing; set aside in tall half-gallon jar.
- 2Mix sugar with 1 cup water and stir over low heat until sugar dissolves.
- 3Increase heat; bring mixture to boil and set aside to cool.
- 4Mix cooled syrup with vodka and pour over strawberries.
- 5Cover tightly and store in a cool, dark place for 1 week.
- 6Pass liqueur through a fine mesh strainer (eat berries :-)).
- 7Strain again through coffee filter into a bottle.
- 8Note: The reason for the double-straining is to eliminate the tiny strawberry seeds that inevitably fall off the fruit into the liqueur. The fruit can be cut into smaller pieces if very large, or left whole.
Browse Our Top Strawberry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Cordial
Serving Size: 1 (1422 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2580.2
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 13.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 133.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 120.0 g
- Protein 2.8 g