Recipe by the_cookie_lady
Made with strawberry-flavored beverage mix. These come from Jo Ann Shirley's 1978 Cakes and Cookies cookbook. These are rolled cookies.
- 1⁄3 cup powdered strawberry drink mix
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup margarine
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together strawberry-flavored mix, sugar and margarine until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and lemon juice.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt; mix with strawberry mixture until well blended.
- Roll out to a thickness of 1/8” and cut out in desired shapes. Bake on an ungreased sheet @ 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes.