Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
One of my mom's old recipes. They have a subtle cinnamon flavor.
Make and share this Strawberry Cinnamon Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups strawberries, cut into chunks
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar together until light and frothy.
- Add the milk, yogurt, vanilla, and melted butter; whisk gently.
- In another mixing bowl, add the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add the milk mixture to the dry indgredients; stir just until moistened.
- Gently fold in berries.
- Spoon batter into greased muffin cups; muffin cups should be 3/4 full.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes or until pick comes out clean.
- Remove muffins from pan and cool on a wire rack.
I could only find vanilla yogurt at the store so I used that and omitted the vanilla extract. Turned out great. Best strawberry muffin recipe that I have found!
NurseDi, I love these muffins, and I hope I'll be able to restrain myself from eating the whole batch by myself today. I used 8 oz of fresh strawberries, cut into quarters, and I used the food processor to whiz the works together. I used whole wheat pastry, soy, and oat flours, baked them as mini muffins for about 15 minutes, and they're so cute, light, tender, and tasty. Lovely. Thanks!
Never tried muffins with strawberries in them before. Wasn't sure how well my family and I would like them but decided to take the leap anyhow. They were very delicious but like Roosie said, the cinnamon was almost undetectable but the strawberry flavor really stood out. Maybe that is the purpose of the cinnamon?? They were moist and tender. Gone by the end of the day. Thanks Nurse Di.