Recipe by grandma2969
these are terrific and easy to make
Top Review by ThatSouthernBelle
I really, really hate to give a low rating but these didn't turn out well. I was looking for a recipe that would mask the "cake mix flavor" of a strawberry cake mix my mom had bought. I'm sorry to say but these were actually better hot. I'm not sure if these would be better if the cake was prepared according to the box with cream cheese on top but the cream cheese never became remotely dense. The cake portion became a gritty but slick texture after chilling (sort of the texture of butter mixed with sugar.) I really wish these would have turned out but unfortunately these didn't. :-(
- 18 1⁄4 ounces strawberry cake mix
- 1 cup pecans, toasted, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup melted butter
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry jam
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325*.
- Combine cake mix and pecans, drizzle melted butter over mix, stir till well blended.
- Press mixture into bottom of 13x9 pan.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, vanilla till smooth.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over crust.
- Nuke jar for 45 seconds or thinned.
- Spoon over cream cheese mixture, use a fork to swirl.
- Bake 25 minutes or edges begin to brown evenly.
- Cool in pans for 30 minutes.
- Cover and chill 2 hours.