Recipe by Vicki G.
This recipe makes a large rich cake. This comes from the 1971 Florence SC Junior League cookbook.
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 1 cup corn oil
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup frozen strawberries, thawed not drained
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 box powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup drained strawberry
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease and flour 3 layer pans or a 9x13.
- Combine cake mix and dry jello.
- Beat in oil, milk and eggs, one at a time.
- Add strawberries.
- Fold in coconut and pecans- mix well.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
- To make the frosting: Mix the remaining ingredients (butter, powdered sugar etc) well and frost the cooled cake.