Recipe by LonghornMama
There are many similar cakes posted here already, but this is the version I've made for years. The glaze on this Bundt cake is rather thick. If you prefer a thinner glaze, add more crushed strawberries or strawberry juice. Best with fresh strawberries, but frozen may be used in a pinch.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup crushed fresh sliced strawberry (measure after crushing)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons crushed strawberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients for cake and mix well with an electric mixer.
- Pour into greased and floured Bundt pan or tube pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes then remove cake.
- Combine glaze ingredients and drizzle while cake is warm (not hot). Garnish with fresh strawberries.
- Cake may be baked in 2 9-inch cake pans for 25 minutes. For cake layers, be prepared to double or triple the glaze.