Recipe by Zurie
THREE ingredients! So simple, so quick, pity you need to freeze it before eating! This came from a South African magazine probably 2 decades ago, name of mag long forgotten. I copied it and have made it many times. Use any other preserves or jam, but strawberry is really nice.
Top Review by puppitypup
Wow! For only 2% fat calories, what a treat! In fact, I liked this better than frozen yogurt. Thank you Zurie! Made Zaar Chef Alphabet Tag Game, please see my rating system as I rate tougher than most.
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together the buttermilk, jam/preserves, and vanilla until mixed.
- Pour into a suitable freezer container, and freeze until firm, perhaps overnight.
- Cut up the frozen mixture, place in mixing bowl, and whip with electrix mixer until fluffy.
- Return to freezer container, cover, and freeze until firm.
- Serve scoops in pretty bowls with fresh strawberries and mint leaves.
- (Try other preserves or jam as well).