Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
THREE ingredients! So simple, so quick, pity you need to freeze it before eating! This came from a South African magazine probably 2 decades ago, name of mag long forgotten. I copied it and have made it many times. Use any other preserves or jam, but strawberry is really nice.
- Stir together the buttermilk, jam/preserves, and vanilla until mixed.
- Pour into a suitable freezer container, and freeze until firm, perhaps overnight.
- Cut up the frozen mixture, place in mixing bowl, and whip with electrix mixer until fluffy.
- Return to freezer container, cover, and freeze until firm.
- Serve scoops in pretty bowls with fresh strawberries and mint leaves.
- (Try other preserves or jam as well).
Wow! For only 2% fat calories, what a treat! In fact, I liked this better than frozen yogurt. Thank you Zurie! Made Zaar Chef Alphabet Tag Game, please see my rating system as I rate tougher than most.
Sounded, at first, way out! But we tried it, and it was great!! The kids loved it. What a simple, successful recipe, with a delicious sweetsour (more sweet than sour) taste! Very refreshing!! I would think peach or apricot jam or preserves would also be fantastic. We do not have an ice cream maker anyway, so this recipe really fitted the bill. A great hot-weather quickie, which I recommend wholeheartedly. Light and great finish to a meal.