Recipe by Happy Harry #2
This is my take on a recipe by Chef Andrew Sutton....his is so much more complex. I broke this down into many steps for ease of understanding but it is really a simple preparation.
- 563.58 g brownie mix
- 828.06 ml fresh strawberries, cleaned and sliced, divided
- 1892.5 ml low-fat vanilla ice cream, soften
- 118.29 ml caramel sauce
- 118.29 ml chocolate syrup
- 1.23 ml vanilla extract
- 4.92 ml lemon juice, fresh
- 0.59 ml salt
- 118.29 ml sugar, substitute*
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare brownie mix following package directions or make your own. Do not add any extra ingredients, such as nuts or chips.
- Bake and set aside to cool.
- In small saucepan, place 1 cup strawberries, sugar, vanilla, juice, and salt.
- Bring to a boil for 2 minutes, then pour over 21/2 cups of sliced strawberries and allow to macerate for about one hour.
- Cut brownies into bite-size cubes.
- In bottom of clear glass bowl, place 2 cups of strawberries. Follow with the cubed brownies.
- Add 1/2 half of the soften ice cream over brownies and spread to seal.
- Place bowl in refrigerator or freezer until ice cream is firm (freezing is not needed).
- Drizzle caramel sauce over top.
- Add rest of ice cream, sealing top.
- Drizzle chocolate sauce over top. Freeze.
- When ready to serve, top with rest of berries and some whipped topping as desired.
- * Make sure to read box for directions as to how much equals 1/2 cup.