Churro Ice Cream Sundae
photo by Mary Jenny
- Ready In:
- 5hrs 5mins
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with plastic wrap.
- Using a scoop, place 4, ½-cup balls of ice cream onto the prepared baking sheet. Freeze for 1 hour. Once hardened, shape ice cream with hands to round out bottoms.
- Whisk egg white until frothy in a medium bowl. Place Corn Flakes in a shallow dish. Dip ice cream in egg to coat completely and then coat in corn flakes. Return to prepared pan and freeze for 4 hours.
- Stir sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Heat 2 inches of oil in medium, heavy-bottomed saucepan to 375⁰F. Add ice cream in batches of 2 and fry for 15 seconds, turning gently with a slotted spoon. Remove with slotted spoon.
- Remove and place in 4 bowls, adding a ¼ cup of whipped topping on each. Distribute pineapple and raspberries evenly among the bowls. Sprinkle each sundae with 1 tsp cinnamon sugar.
- Tip: To make this dish even more authentic, drizzle with chocolate sauce and dulce de leche.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!