Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A recipe from Louisiana Cookin magazine that I am putting here for safe keeping. Any red fruit juice can be used in place of the cranberry-strawberry juice.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup cranberry-strawberry drink
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 1⁄2 cups strawberries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Coat 9x5x3 inch nonstick loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, and bakind soda.
- Beat egg and egg white slightly in a small bowl; stir in butter, juice and zest. Add to flour mixture, stirring until well combined. Stir in berries.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 50-60 min, or until a tootpick inserted comes out cleanly. Cover loosely with foil if it browns too quickly.
- Remove from pan to wire rack to cool completely,.