Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
Delicious strawberry bread recipe from a B&B in D.C. The owner gave us this every morning warm from the oven!
- 1 quart fresh strawberries (recommended)
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups oil
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar (divided)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Slice strawberries and sprinkle with sugar, put in refrigerator.
- Combine dry ingredients and mix well.
- Remove strawberries from refrigerator and combine with eggs and oil.
- Add to flour mixture, mix well.
- Add nuts if desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees approximately 55 minutes depending on size of bread pan.
- Spray pans with Pam or wipe with your choice of oil or shortening before pouring batter into pans.